Android Accessibility Keeps Turning Off Accountable2You
Many Android phone manufacturers have included battery optimizers in their settings to maximize the battery life on your device. However, this can come at a cost. Sometimes, overly zealous battery optimizers can end up disabling important functions for apps on your device, including accessibility. (The service our app uses to monitor activity on Android devices.)
If you notice that Accountable2You suddenly stopped monitoring activity on your device, or that Accessibility silently turns off in the background, it’s likely that your phone’s battery settings are causing this.
The good news here is that most phones allow you to customize these battery settings. The following steps will walk you through turning the monitoring back on, and disabling the battery optimization settings for the A2U app. This should prevent them from interfering with the monitoring in the future.
Solution: Allow A2U to run in the background without battery restrictions
Step 1: Reenable Accessibility services for Accountable2You
- On your device, open Settings > Accessibility.
- Scroll until you find Accountable2You. Tap on Accountable2You.
- Toggle Accessibility to Off and then On again (it may show as on but still be disabled - this step will reset it).
Step 2: Create an exclusion within your task manager or cleaner app
If you've installed a third-party app to clean your phone or stop running background processes, you'll need to make an exclusion for Accountable2You. Contact your cleaner app’s support team to receive guidance on how to create an app exclusion.
Haven't installed a device cleaner or task manager? Go ahead and proceed to the next step!
Step 3: Turn off battery optimization for Accountable2You
The final (and most important) step is to disable any battery optimization settings for the A2U app on your device.
We're naturally hesitant to stamp our approval on an app from a third-party developer that we can't support or manage directly. That said, we've found the website and app, Don't Kill My App, has helpful guides for disabling the battery optimization settings for most major phone brands.
- Option 1: Visit their website here and find the guide for your device type. Follow their suggested steps to disable the battery optimization settings for Accountable2You.
- Option 2: Download their app from the Google Play Store here, and follow their in-app steps to disable the battery optimization settings for Accountable2You.