Instant Text Alerts
Instant Text Alerts are SMS text alerts sent within 5 minutes of any highly questionable (🔴 red alert) activity. These alerts allow partners to rapidly reach out and address a concern with the device user, offering more immediate help in the middle of temptation.
In this article
Enable Instant Text Alerts
These steps will look the same whether you have a paid A2U account or a Free Partner Account. If you’re a partner, you must take these steps in your account—device users cannot enable Text Alerts on their partner’s behalf.
To enable these alerts, go to the Reports page of your account and follow these steps:
- Click the blue Alert Settings button.
- Switch the Text Alerts toggle "on" for each device you want to receive Text Alerts for.
- If your phone number is already set up for Text Alerts, click the Save button at the foot of the page to confirm your changes. (If this is your first time setting up Text Alerts, see Verify Your Phone Number below.)
Verify Your Phone Number
If you haven't already set up your phone number with A2U, a pop-up window will prompt you to verify your phone number when you first enable any Text Alerts.
If you see this pop-up window, follow these steps to finish setting up Instant Text Alerts:
- Type your phone number into the proper field in the pop-up window.
- Select the Send Verification Code button. (You'll receive a text message with a verification code.)
Enter the verification code from your text message into the new box that appears and then select Verify and Save.
- Select Ok after receiving the confirmation that your phone number has been verified.
- Select the Save button at the bottom of the page to confirm your changes, and you’re all done!
Edit Your Phone Number for Text Alerts
If you ever get a new phone number and need to update this on your profile for A2U Text Alerts, no worries! Simply follow these steps to edit the phone number on your account:
- Go to the Text Alerts page in your Account Settings.
- Select the blue Change Number button (or, if you’d just like to remove your number, simply choose Remove Number and then Yes to confirm the change).
- Enter your new phone number in the field.
- Enter the verification code from your text message into the new box that appears, and then select Verify and Save.