Enable GPS Location Monitoring for iOS Devices
Accountable2You offers location accountability for GPS-equipped Apple iOS devices. This option will remain turned off unless activated by the customer.
This service can be used to report the device's general location on a map. To help preserve battery life, the location is only recorded approximately every 500 meters.
Due to the demands placed on a device for GPS usage, you may still notice a decrease in day-to-day battery life. This impact will vary depending on your device and other applications that are also running on the device.
Step 1: Enable GPS Location Monitoring within the A2U app
Before GPS monitoring data is collected, the user will need to enable this feature within the app on the device itself. To do this, locate and open the Accountable2You app on the iOS device where you'd like to enable GPS location monitoring:
- Open the Accountable2You app on your phone.
- Tap the GPS: Disabled button.
- Enter your Accountable2You account password and tap Verify toward the top right.
- You'll then be returned to the main A2U app menu. The GPS Tracking button should now show GPS: Enabled.
Step 2: Allow GPS Permissions
On the same device on which you'd like to enable Location Accountability, follow the steps below, as illustrated in the animation.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings app > Privacy > Location Services
- If turned off, enable the Location Services toggle.
- On the same screen, tap the Accountable2You Mobile in the list of apps shown.
- Select Always from the list of location access permissions. Older devices may show a toggle switch instead; ensure the toggle is in the on/enabled position.
Step 3: Enable location data on partner reports
Next, log in to your account and go to the Devices page. Click on the name of the device and scroll down to the "Select Accountability Partners" section.
Check the boxes in the "View GPS Tracking" column for any partners you would like to grant access to your location data. Then click Save Changes.
That's it - you did it!
You're all set! You have now completed the setup for GPS monitoring on your Apple iOS device. For information on viewing GPS reports, see our article, " Viewing Accountable2You GPS Reports".