Enable Safari and set as the default browser
To install Accountable2You on your iOS device, we'll need to add a configuration profile. Since Apple only allows their Safari browser to download and add profiles, we'll first need to enable Safari and set it as your (temporary) default.
Part One: Enable Safari
If Safari is enabled (e.g., you see Safari in your list of apps on the device), skip to part two.
- Open the Settings app > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions
- Tap Allowed Apps
- If prompted, enter the Screen Time Passcode.*
- Tap the toggle button next to Safari. It should slide to the right to indicate that Safari is enabled.
*The Screen Time Passcode is unique to your device. As much as we'd like to help, Accountable2You doesn't have access to reset your passcode. However, if you've forgotten your Screen Time passcode, Apple's support team can assist you here.
Part Two: Set Safari as your default browser
If you prefer another browser over Safari, that's perfectly okay; this is only temporary. After the Accountable2You installation is complete, you're free to switch your default browser back to your personal favorite.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the screen
- Select your current default browser in the list of installed apps, DuckDuckGo, in the video example below.
- Tap Default Browser App
- Tap Safari**
- Return to the home screen
- Open the Accountable2You app to resume the installation process.
**If you don't see Safari listed as an option here, it typically means that Safari is disabled. "Part One" of the guide above explains how to enable Safari.