Set Up Accountability Partners
If you've never used accountability software before, the concept of an accountability partner might be a bit unclear. If that's you, that's okay!
The accountability partner is a vitally important role (read more about that here and here), but to help keep things simple for the purpose of setting up your account, just remember:
The accountability partner receives the activity reports and alerts generated by the device being monitored.
Sound good? Let's dive in!
Step 1: Log in to your account
- Visit this link: https://my.accountable2you.com
- Enter your username and password
- Forgot your username or password? Click here.
- Select Partners from the menu at the top of the screen, or tap here.
Step 2: Invite a new accountability partner or grant access to an existing partner
The Partners section functions much like an address book, and like any good address book, you'll typically have only one entry for each person so the details are easy to maintain.
Option A: Invite a new partner to view your device activity reports
Already added your accountability partner? Not a problem! Skip this "Option A" sub-section below and head straight for "Option B." There you'll learn how to grant your existing partner access to your device activity.
- As shown in the video clip below, select Add New Partner.
- Enter the accountability partner's name, email address, and phone number.
- The phone number is only necessary for instant text alerts and is purely optional. You can add this information later if you'd like.
- If you'd like, select the check the box to enable Automatically assign to <device owner's name> new devices.
- If enabled, as future devices are added, this accountability partner will automatically receive summary reports, email alerts, or instant text alerts based on the preferences you select here. Handy, right? We recommend enabling this feature in most circumstances.
- Next, adjust your preferences to match your desired reporting and alert settings for each device (see explanation below the video clip).
- Select Save Changes to finalize your selection. You may edit these settings again at any time in the future.
- That's it! Your accountability partner will receive an email requesting their confirmation that they would like to receive your accountability reports. We recommend mentioning this to your accountability partner in advance so they know they should accept the invitation.
Email Summary Report: The email summary report contains an overview summary of the device activity, as well as a hyperlink to view all activity that occurred on the device during the selected duration. The summary report includes both non-questionable and questionable ("flagged") activity. You may choose for your accountability partner to receive an email summary report daily, weekly, or even "none" if you want them to only receive objectionable alerts for questionable activity (see below).
Email Objectionable Alerts: Selecting this option will send an alert email to your accountability partner(s) each hour that questionable activity is detected from your devices. These e-mails are only sent if questionable activity is detected. Normal, non-objectionable activity is not sent in these emails.
Instant Text Alerts: If you have provided a mobile phone number for your accountability partner, you can enable text alerts. Your partner will receive a text message within 5 minutes of any questionable activity that is detected. They will be given the time, as well as a general description of the activity. Standard text messaging rates may apply from the phone carrier, so please ensure your accountability partner is able and willing to receive these alerts.
Option B: Grant existing partner access to device activity reports
- As shown in the animation below, select your partner's name from the list shown on the Partners screen.
- In the list of devices shown, find the name of the device you'd like to grant your partner access to view.
- Adjust the report and alert settings to match your preferences for your accountability partner.
- Reference the descriptions immediately above this section for more info about each report type.
- Select Save Partner to update your changes.
- That's it! Your existing partner will receive an email letting them know the changes made to their profile (e.g., added to a new device, updated alert settings, etc.).