High System Resource Usage on Windows
Accountable2You provides a robust monitoring solution for Windows, but on some devices, we've noticed this monitoring seems to consume too much of the processing power. Our Windows developers are investigating this, and working to improve this performance issue in the next update.
In the meantime, we offer an option called "Legacy Mode," which allows Accountable2You to monitor your computer in a way that requires less computer processing power and resources.
1. Enable Legacy Mode
Legacy Mode, while still robust, is deliberately "lighter" than the default method of monitoring in that it will exclude some finer details. For most use cases, though, the difference in monitoring isn't noticeable.
However, because this feature does slightly reduce Accountable2You's monitoring, your partners will receive an alert indicating that Legacy Mode has been enabled. We recommend letting your partners know ahead of time why you're enabling Legacy Mode. (Feel free to point them to this article!)
Turning on Legacy Mode
- In the system tray by the clock (usually in the bottom right), find the small A2U icon.
- If you don't see it, you may need to click the small up arrow to show any hidden icons.
- Right-click the A2U icon and select Settings in the pop-up menu.
- Enter your A2U account password and then click Validate.
- Check the box to enable "Legacy Mode"
- Close the window to finish.
That's it! You may need to restart in some cases, but you should now notice lower resource usage and better overall performance on your device.
2. Still seeing high resource usage? Contact Support.
If you've enabled Legacy Mode and are still experiencing significant performance issues with A2U, please reach out to our Customer Support Team at email@example.com.
If possible, please also include a diagnostic report from the impacted device!