Step 1: Download and launch the Accountable2You installation
Click the appropriate link below to begin the software download:
Once the file has downloaded, double-click the package to unzip it.
- Once unzipped, double-click on the Accountable2You Debian package (.deb) file to open the installation wizard.
Step 2: Proceed with the software installation
- After double-clicking the Debian package file, you'll see a Package Installer window similar to the one below.
- Toward the bottom right, click Install Package. If prompted to install any dependencies, please allow the dependencies to install as well.
- Enter your computer administrator password and click OK.
Step 3: Open Accountable2You
- Once the install finishes, search for Accountable2You among your apps and click the A2U icon to open the program.
- If you already have an account with Accountable2You, click the Login button. Otherwise, click the "Signup - 10 day FREE trial" prompt.
Step 4: License Agreement.
- Please take a moment to review the License Agreement for Accountable2You.
- Scroll to the bottom, and once finished, please indicate that you agree by checking the box next to "I accept the terms", and click Continue.
Step 5: Accountable2You's installation screen.
- Use your Accountable2You account name, your Accountable2You password, and then enter a unique name for this device installation. This can be any descriptive name you choose. Forgot your password or username? Click here.
Step 5b: Assign the device to a specific family member (for Family Plan accounts only) Accountable2You's installation screen.
Do you have a Family Plan? You'll want to follow these steps below. Otherwise, move along to step 6.
- If you have a Family Plan account and you entered the managing user's username and password, the next screen will show all sub-users in your account.
- Click on the name of the person who will be the primary user of this device:
Step 6: Assign accountability partners
- Accountable2You is now installed, but you're not quite done yet. You'll still need to assign this device to the correct accountability partner(s).
- Click the option that represents your scenario:
Option 1: I've already added the accountability partners to Accountable2You, they just need to be assigned to this specific device.
- Click here to visit the Devices page and modify the partners assigned to this device.
Option 2: I haven't added the accountability partners for this device yet. I'll need to add the partners first.
- Click here to visit the Partners page. Click Add New Partner to invite a new partner to receive the reports from this device.
You're all set!
Accountable2You is now monitoring all programs and browsers on this device, so you may continue to use your device normally.
Want to test the system?
Go for it! Click here for the steps to test to ensure the alerts and monitoring are working properly.