If you've never used accountability software before, the concept of an accountability partner might be a bit unclear. If that's you, that's OK!
The accountability partner receives the activity reports and alerts generated by the device being monitored.
Sound good? Let's dive in!
Step 1: Log into your account
- Visit this link: https://my.accountable2you.com
- Enter your username and password
- Forgot your username or password? Click here.
Step 2: Invite a new accountability partner or grant access to an existing partner
The Partners section functions much like an address book, and like any good address book, you'll typically have only one entry for each person so the details are easy to maintain.
Option A: Invite a new partner to view your device activity reports
Already added your accountability partner? Not a problem! Skip this "Option A" sub-section below and head straight for "Option B." There you'll learn how to grant your existing partner access to your device activity.
- As shown in the video clip below, select Add New Partner.
- Enter the accountability partner's name, email address, and phone number.
- The phone number is only necessary for instant text alerts and is purely optional. You can add this information later if you'd like.
- If enabled, as future devices are added, this accountability partner will automatically receive summary reports, email alerts, or instant text alerts based on the preferences you select here. Handy, right? We recommend enabling this feature in most circumstances.
Email Summary Report: The email summary report contains an overview summary of the device activity, as well as a hyperlink to view all activity that occurred on the device during the selected duration. The summary report includes both non-questionable and questionable ("flagged") activity. You may choose for your accountability partner to receive an email summary report daily, weekly, or even "none" if you want them to only receive objectionable alerts for questionable activity (see below).
Email Objectionable Alerts: Selecting this option will send an alert email to your accountability partner(s) each hour that questionable activity is detected from your devices. These e-mails are only sent if questionable activity is detected. Normal, non-objectionable activity is not sent in these emails.
Instant Text Alerts: If you have provided a mobile phone number for your accountability partner, you can enable text alerts. Your partner will receive a text message within 5 minutes of any questionable activity that is detected. They will be given the time, as well as a general description of the activity. Standard text messaging rates may apply from the phone carrier, so please ensure your accountability partner is able and willing to receive these alerts.
GPS Tracking: The Accountable2You app for Android and iOS devices has a GPS tracking feature. If this has been enabled on the device, you will have the option here to allow this partner to access the location activity. For instructions on activating this feature, please see our articles for activating location monitoring on Android devices and/or iOS devices.
Option B: Grant existing partner access to device activity reports
- As shown in the animation below, select your partner's name from the list shown on the Partners screen.
- In the list of devices shown, find the name of the device you'd like to grant your partner access to view.
- Adjust the report and alert settings to match your preferences for your accountability partner.
- Reference the descriptions immediately above this section for more info about each report type.