Accountable2You offers the capability of location accountability for GPS-equipped Apple iOS devices. By default, this option will remain turned off until activated by the customer.
This service can be used to report on a user's general location on a map. To help preserve battery life, the location is recorded approximately every 500 meters.
Due to the demands placed on a device for GPS usage, you may notice a decrease in battery life than normal usage. This impact will vary depending on your device and other applications that are also running on the device.
Activate GPS Monitoring for Apple iOS
Step 1: Allow GPS Permissions
Using the iOS device on which you'd like to enable Location Accountability, follow the steps below, as illustrated in the animation.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings app > Privacy > Location Services
- If turned off, enable the Location Services toggle.
- On the same screen, tap the AU Mobile in the list of apps shown.
- Select Always from the list of location access permissions. Older devices may show a toggle switch instead; ensure the toggle is in the on/enabled position.
Step 2: Enable GPS Location Monitoring within the A2U app
Before GPS monitoring data is collected, the user will need to enable this feature within the app on the device itself. To do this, locate and open the Accountable2You app.
- Open the Accountable2You app on your phone.
- Tap the GPS Tracking button.
- Enter your Accountable2You account password and tap Verify toward the top right.
- You'll then be returned to the main A2U app menu. The GPS Tracking button should now show GPS: Enabled.
Step 3: Grant accountability partners access to view your location
Within a few minutes of completing the steps shown above, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on allowing your partners to view your location data. The e-mail presents you with 2 options:
If you select Allow All, all of your partners who are already assigned to that specific device will be granted access to view your location data (which will be included on the daily/weekly reports that they already receive).
Choose Specific Partners
If you'd prefer to allow only certain partners to access your location data for that specific device, select Choose Specific Partners. You will be taken to the Devices page within your account to enable GPS Tracking for the partner(s) you choose.
In the example below, "Example User 1" will have access to your location data, where "Example User 2" will not. Click "Save Changes" when you are finished to save your changes.
Step 4: That's it - you did it!
You're all set! You have now completed the setup for GPS monitoring on your Apple iOS device. For information on viewing GPS reports, see our article "Viewing Accountable2You GPS Reports".