Accountable2You released an update to the iOS app on March 19, 2019. This update contains some new efficiency updates and bug fixes, and while most users have seen no interruption we have had some users report that the "VPN Authentication" message has started appearing repeatedly. This means that the device is having trouble processing the changes that we've made. Please follow the steps below to help resolve this issue.
- Lock your screen.
- Press the 'Home' or 'Lock' button once, then swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the 'Control Panel' (for some iPhone models, swipe down from the top-right of the screen).
- Select the 'Airplane Mode' icon.
- Unlock the device. You may get the popup 1 or 2 more times. If so, just click "ok" and it should stop.
- Find the A2U app and delete it like you would any other app (your partners will get an alert within the next 24 hours notifying them of the deletion, so it's a good idea to let them know what you're doing and why).
- Next, you can turn airplane mode off to restore your internet. Now go to the App Store, search for Accountable2You and download the app.
- Open the app and re-register with your Accountable2You username and password, and follow the prompts to setup the VPN.
Once re-enabled, the VPN settings should have refreshed and the persistent error should no longer be appearing. Be sure to login to your account and verify your Accountability Partner settings to ensure they are still setup to receive reports from your device.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. If you continue to experience issues after attempting these steps, please contact our support team.