Have you seen prompts or warnings like the ones shown below?
If so, you've come to the right place!
When Accountable2You first installs the VPN on your device, two things must happen: First, the connection must be marked as trusted, and second, the VPN profile must install successfully. In nearly all cases, the first one is the culprit of these prompts.
Either way, though, the outcome is the same: Your Apple iOS device gets stuck in a loop, prompting you for the credentials, showing certificate errors, or simply refusing to load web pages. The sequence of the steps is important - so please do follow the steps in order.
Example Error and Warning Text:
- Proxy Authentication Required. Enter the password for HTTPS proxy 10.8.0.1:3128
- Could not load page. The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server pretending to be "<websiteaddress>" which could put your confidential information at risk.
- Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server.
- This Connection is Not Private. This website may be impersonating "<websiteaddress>" to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page.
Thankfully, the fix is quick and straightforward:
- First, tap Not Now when the proxy prompt appears.
- Tech Tip: If you receive the proxy prompt in the future, always tap Not Now. Entering a username or password here will break internet connectivity.
- Open the Accountable2You Mobile app, select VPN
- Next, select Disable and proceed through the prompts. (This will send an alert to your partners, which will include the reason that you entered).
- Force-close all of the running web browsers (Apple shows how to do this here).
- Next, open the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate to General > About > Certificate Trust Settings, and then toggle Enable Full Trust for Root Certificates to the ON position for the certificate for ca.accountable2you.com.
- Restart your device.
- Within the Accountable2You app, re-enable the VPN in the VPN settings menu.
- Open a web browser (Safari, Chrome, etc.) and confirm its working normally again. If you still have trouble, try the additional steps found here.
If you encounter any further difficulties or have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We're always happy to help!