Install Accountable2You School Edition for Chromebook
Important: Before you begin
The steps in this guide are for organizations/school IT administrators hoping to deploy Accountable2You to all of their managed Chromebook devices. If you are not your organization's IT administrator, then you'll want to use the standard Chromebook edition found here instead.
For instructions on deploying extensions to multiple devices, see Google's support content. (Keep in mind that both Guest Mode and Incognito Mode should be turned off/disabled on all managed devices before deployment.)
Step 1: Add the Accountable2You extension to your Chrome browser
- From your Chrome browser, follow this direct link to see the Chrome Web Store results for Accountable2You.
- Choose Accountable2You School Edition from the list of search results.
- Select the blue Add to Chrome button.
- On the confirmation prompt that appears, select the Add extension button.
Step 2: Register the extension with Accountable2You
A new tab should open automatically, and you’ll be presented with a screen similar to the one shown below.
Already have an active account with Accountable2You?
- Great! Just select the Login button, read through the prompts on the following screens, and continue to step #3 below.
Haven’t created an account with Accountable2You yet?
- Not a problem — select “Create an Account” to sign up for a free trial on our website! Or, if this Chromebook is owned or managed by a group account, you'll either need to sign up through their unique URL or contact the group's administrator for an invitation.
Once you've created a user profile successfully, return to this window and choose "Login" to sign in with your newly created username and password.
Step 3: Register the Chromebook to your user profile
For the software to successfully capture activity and add it to the reports, you’ll need to sign in and register the Chrome extension to your existing Accountable2You profile.
- Device Name: To make it easy to identify later on the Accountability Reports, give your device a unique name, like “Nathan's Chromebook.”
- Username & Password: Enter the same username and password you use to sign in at my.accountable2you.com
- Forgot your username or password? No worries, just click here to reset it.
Step 4: Review the terms and conditions
Please take a moment to review the Terms & Conditions before proceeding. Once you're finished, click "I Agree" to continue.
Step 5: Completing set-up
Upon successfully registering the extension, you will end up on the screen below. From here, you may close the tab, and A2U will monitor activity within the browser!
Want to test the monitoring? Click here to learn how!