Install Accountable2You for Chromebook
Before you begin, ask these questions to make sure this is the correct guide:
- Are you installing this Chrome extension on a Windows, Mac, or Linux device?
- If yes, you don't need this extension. Use the hyperlinks shown above to install our whole-computer monitoring for those devices instead.
- Are you an administrator for your organization, deploying Accountable2You to all of your managed Chromebook devices?
- If yes, you'll most likely want to use the "School Edition" of this same Chromebook extension, found here.
Step 1: Add the Accountable2You extension to your Chrome browser
- From your Chrome browser, follow this direct link to see the Chrome Web Store results for Accountable2You.
- Choose Accountable2You from the list of search results.
- Select the blue Add to Chrome button.
- On the confirmation prompt that appears, select the Add extension button.
Step 2: Register the extension with Accountable2You
A new tab should open automatically, and you’ll be presented with a screen similar to the one shown below.
Already have an active account with Accountable2You?
- Great! Just select the Login button, read through the prompts on the following screens, and continue to step #3 below.
Haven’t created an account with Accountable2You yet?
- Not a problem — select “Create an Account” to sign up for a free trial on our website! Once you’ve signed up for an account successfully, return to this window and choose "Login" to sign in with your newly created username and password.
Step 3: Register the Chromebook to your account
For the software to successfully capture activity and add it to the reports, you’ll need to sign in and register the Chrome extension to your existing Accountable2You account.
- Device Name: To make it easy to identify later on the Accountability Reports, give your device a unique name, like “Nathan's Chromebook.”
- Account Name & Password: Enter the same username and password you use to sign in at my.accountable2you.com
- Forgot your username or password? No worries, just click here to reset it.
Using the Family Plan with multiple, existing users?
No? Skip to step #4.
Yes? Select the family member that will be using this device.
- You’ll be presented with a list of users for your family plan, as shown below.
- Select the primary user for the device from the list.
Step 4: Review the terms and conditions
Please take a moment to review the Terms & Conditions before proceeding. Once you're finished, click "I Agree" to continue.
Step 5: Enable Accountable2You's monitoring
- In the window, select Override.
- Enter your Accountable2You account password.
- Select Override Requirement.
- Skip to step #4 below.