Install Accountable2You for Kindle Fire
While you may have noticed that A2U has an app in the Amazon Appstore, we recommend installing an alternate version with the following steps for the best possible monitoring.
- If Accountable2You is already installed, open the A2U app and click the Uninstall button.
- Download the A2U app by clicking this link from your Kindle.
- Open and install the downloaded .APK file on your Kindle. Follow any prompts necessary to allow the install.
- You will likely receive an "Installation Blocked" warning that the app is from an "unknown source". This is because it comes from us instead of the Amazon Store. Please tap Settings, then turn on the slider to allow installing apps from unknown sources.
- Repeat step 2 if necessary.
- Once installed, open the Accountable2You app and tap Login.
- Read and accept the legal agreement.
- Enter your username and password, and name your device.
- On the next screen in the A2U app, tap Activate Admin App.
- This will open the Kindle settings menu. Tap Activate in this menu.
- On the next screen in the A2U app, tap Enable Accessibility.
- This will open the Kindle settings menu. Scroll down to the Services section and tap A2U Android.
- You will likely see a warning about the information that A2U monitors. Tap OK.
Once you've completed these steps, you're all set!
This will add the Kindle as a new device on your account, so don't forget to sign in and set up partners for this device.
Want to test the system?
Click here for the steps to test and confirm the alerts and monitoring are working properly.