Install Accountable2You for Android
Download the app from the Google Play Store
- Install Accountable2You Monitoring from the Google Play Store by following this link and tapping Install.
- Open the Accountable2You app and select Get Started.
- Continue through the prompts, tapping Next until you arrive at the screen to log in (shown below).
Register the app
- Enter a name for the device, then enter your Accountable2You username and password.
- Once you've entered the necessary information, tap the Add Device button to add the device to your account.
- Using a Family plan with multiple users?
- If yes, you'll be prompted to select the primary user for the device. Select the user from the list, and then tap Next.
- If you aren't using a Family plan, skip to the next step.
You can add family members and then change the device user later on.
Activate the monitoring
- Beginning with Accessibility, tap Allow Permission next to the permission.
- You'll see a screen with more details about the permission—scroll down and tap Allow (this will take you to your device’s Accessibility Settings).
- Tap Accountable2You in the list of apps or services. On some devices, our app will be under "Installed Services", "Downloaded Services", or "Downloaded apps" depending on your phone's model.
- Select the toggle next to Accountable2You to turn accessibility ON. Follow any prompts to confirm or allow the permission. (For "Accountable2You shortcut" leave the toggle OFF.)
Enable Query all packages
- Back in the Accountable2You app, tap Allow Permission next to "Query all packages."
- Confirm this choice by tapping Allow at the bottom of the next screen.
Enable Device admin
- Finally, tap Allow Permission next to Device admin, and confirm with Allow (this will also take you to your device’s settings app).
- Tap Activate this device admin app.
- Back in the A2U app, tap Next to continue.
- Your Android device is now added to your account! If necessary, set up an accountability partner for your device, or tap Done to go to the app's menu.
OPTIONAL - App Exclusions
- If you don't want Accountable2You to monitor detailed information in all apps, select Settings from the main screen of the app.
- Enter your account password to unlock the settings, and tap Verify.
- Select App exclusion list to view the list of monitored apps on your device.
- On the next screen, check the box beside any apps you wish to exclude. For more details or to do this later, see the instructions in this guide.
- ✅ A green checkmark means that the app is monitored.
- ❌ A red X means the app has been excluded and is not monitored.
- ⚠️ A yellow exclamation point indicates that monitoring is disabled with the exception of embedded browsers within that app.
Want to test the app? Click here to learn how!