Install Accountable2You for Android
Step 1: Install the Accountable2You app
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for "Accountable2You".
- Tap INSTALL to download Accountable2You.
Step 2: Open the Accountable2You app
Once successfully installed, tap OPEN to continue.
Step 3: Sign up or Log in
Accountable2You requires an account with an active subscription before you can use any of our products.
- If you already have an account tap Login.
- If you do not have an account, tap Signup - 10-day FREE trial to create an account and start your free trial. (This will take you to our website. Once you create an account, open the Accountable2You app again and tap Login.)
Step 4: Accept the Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to review the terms and conditions before proceeding. When you are finished, check the box next to "I accept the terms", then tap Continue.
Step 5: Register the device
- Enter your username and password (please note that your username is usually different than your email address).
- The Device Name box will automatically show a suggestion. You can edit the suggested device name to reflect how the device should appear on your reports. (Example: "John's Pixel")
- When finished, tap Save.
Assign to user (Family accounts only):
If you have a Family plan, the next screen will ask you to select which family member this device belongs to. Select the desired family member to continue.
(Note: If you don't see the correct family member, just select the admin family member for now. You can add additional family members and reassign this device later on.)
Step 6: Activate admin app privileges
Accountable2You must be a "device administrator" to effectively monitor the device.
- Tap ACTIVATE ADMIN APP to continue.
- This will take you to the admin app settings menu of your device.
Tap "Activate this device admin app" to give Accountable2You Admin App permissions.
Step 7: Enable Accessibility
Accountable2You uses the Android Accessibility service to monitor the device.
- Tap ENABLE ACCESSIBILITY to turn this service on.
- This will take you to the Accessibility Settings menu of your device.
Find and Tap Accountable2You (or "A2U Android") in the list of apps or services.
(Note: On some devices, Accountable2You will be under another menu within the Accessibility settings. This menu may be titled "Installed Services", "Downloaded Services", or "Downloaded apps" depending on your phone.)
- On the next screen, tap on the toggle for Accountable2You to select the ON position.
(Leave the toggle for "Accountable2You shortcut" in the OFF position.)
- Depending on your version of Android, you'll see a confirmation screen explaining these Accessibility permissions and asking you to confirm. Tap Allow or OK to continue.
(Note: If you see a "response can't be verified" message like the image below, just tap Allow or OK again, and you should be able to continue.)
(Step 8: OPTIONAL - Location Monitoring)
Accountable2You for Android also offers optional Location Monitoring.
- To enable Location Monitoring tap TURN ON, then choose Allow on all following screens or prompts.
- If you don't need Location Monitoring, tap SKIP FOR NOW.
For more details, or to enable Location Monitoring another time, see the instructions in this guide.
Accountable2You is now monitoring!
You will see a confirmation screen that Accountable2You has been set up successfully. Congratulations!
Tap OKAY to continue -OR- if there are some apps that you need to have unmonitored (banking, password managers, etc.), see the optional step below.
(Step 9: OPTIONAL - App Exclusions)
To exclude specific apps like banking, texting, or password management apps from being monitored, tap the option, WAIT, I DON'T WANT EVERYTHING MONITORED as shown in the image above.
On the next screen, check the box beside any apps you wish to exclude. For more details or to do this later, see the instructions in this guide.
(Note: Each change here will appear on your account's activity report and will notify your accountability partners.)
When you arrive back at the Accountable2You app home screen, you should now see the green "Accountable2You is monitoring activity" confirmation message. Great job!
Add Accountability Partners
Now that you've successfully installed Accountable2You on your Android device, don't forget to log into your account's Partners page online and set up Accountability Partners to receive reports and alerts for this device's activity.
Want to test the system?
Click here for the steps to test and confirm the alerts and monitoring are working properly.