Install Accountable2You for Android
Step 1: Install and register the app
- Install Accountable2You from the Google Play Store, here.
- In the A2U app,
- Select Login if you already have an A2U account.
- Select Signup - 10 day FREE trial if you need to create an account.
- You can use the "Device Name" suggested in the blank or edit it to your preference. (Example: "John's Pixel")
- If you have a Family Plan, select which family member this device belongs to.
You can add family members and then change the device user later on.
Step 2: Activate the app
- Tap ACTIVATE ADMIN APP (this will take you to your device’s settings app).
- Tap Activate this device admin app.
- Back in the A2U app, tap ENABLE ACCESSIBILITY (this will take you to your device’s Accessibility Settings).
- Tap Accountable2You (or "A2U Android") in the list of apps or services.
- On some devices, Accountable2You will be under "Installed Services", "Downloaded Services", or "Downloaded apps" depending on your phone.
(OPTIONAL - Step 3: Location Monitoring)
- To enable Location Monitoring, do the following:
- Tap TURN ON.
- Tap Allow in Settings.
- Tap Allow all the time.
- If you don't need Location Monitoring, tap SKIP FOR NOW.
If you’d like to enable location monitoring later, you can do so by following the instructions in this guide.
(OPTIONAL - Step 4: App Exclusions)
- Tap the option, WAIT, I DON'T WANT EVERYTHING MONITORED if you'd like to exclude specific apps from being monitored (e.g., banking, texting, or password management apps).
- On the next screen, check the box beside any apps you wish to exclude. For more details or to do this later, see the instructions in this guide.
You’ve successfully installed A2U - great job! If you haven’t yet, don't forget to log in and set up accountability partners to receive your reports and alerts.
Want to test the app? Click here to learn how!