Install Accountable2You for Microsoft Windows
💡Supported versions: We support devices running Windows 10 and newer. Check out this article for a full list of supported devices.
Step 1: Download and launch the installation file
- Click this link to begin the download of the installation file. Once downloaded, locate the installer file and double-click it to begin the installation.
- If prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device, click Yes.
- Depending on your security settings, you may see a warning that "Windows protected your PC." If so, click More info, and then click Run anyway.
- Once the installer has finished, you should see A2U launch with the window shown below.
Step 2: Create an account or continue with an existing account
Already have an active account with Accountable2You?
- Great! Just click Log In to continue to step #3 below.
Haven’t created an account with Accountable2You yet?
- Not a problem. Just click Create An Account to sign up on our website and receive a free 10-day trial. Once you’ve signed up for an account successfully, now click Log In to sign in with your newly created username and password.
Step 3: Register the software to your account
For the software to successfully capture activity and add it to the Accountability Reports, you’ll need to sign in and register the device to your existing Accountable2You account.
- Device Name: To make it easy to identify later on the Accountability Reports, give your device a unique name, like “Nathan's Windows Computer.”
- Account Name & Password: Enter the same username and password you use to sign in at my.accountable2you.com.
Using the Family Plan?
- No? Skip to step #5 shown below.
- Yes? Select the family member that will be using this device.
- You’ll be presented with a list of users for your family plan, as shown below.
- Select the primary user for the device from that list.
- Don't see their name? Learn how to add Family Members to your account here.
- Once you’ve added them, close the A2U app and re-open it from the Start Menu. Then, proceed through steps 2 & 3 again.
Step 4: Review the terms and conditions
Please take a moment to review the Terms & Conditions before proceeding. Once you're finished, click "I Agree" to continue.
Step 5 (OPTIONAL): Excluding Apps
Accountable2You for Windows offers an option to exclude certain applications from monitoring if this is necessary for privacy purposes. For instructions on doing this, please check out our App Exclusion for Windows guide.
You're all set!
After you follow the steps above, Accountable2You will begin monitoring all programs and browsers on this device — it will run quietly in the background, monitor activity on this computer, and send reports and alerts to Accountability Partners. You can continue to use your device normally!
Keep in mind that Accountable2You can only monitor the profile on which it is installed. For Windows computers with multiple user profiles, be sure to repeat the install process for each user in order to ensure full device accountability.