Installation guide for Windows computers
1. Download and launch the installation file
- Click this link to begin the download of the installation file. Once downloaded, open the file.
- If prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device, click Yes (see example animation below).
- Depending on your security settings, you may see a warning that "Windows protected your PC." If so, click More info, and then click Run anyway (see example animation below).
2. Create an account or continue with an existing account
Already have an active account with Accountable2You?
- Great! Just click “I Have An Account” to continue to section #3 below.
Haven’t created an account with Accountable2You yet?
- Not a problem. Just click “I Need An Account” to sign up for a free trial on our website. Once you’ve signed up for an account successfully, now click “I Have An Account” to sign in with your newly created username and password.
3. License Agreement
Please take a moment to review the License Agreement for Accountable2You. When finished, please indicate that you agree by clicking “I Agree.”
4. Register the software to your account
For the software to successfully capture activity and add it to the Accountability Reports, you’ll need to sign in and register the device.
Using the Family Plan?
- No? Skip to section #5 shown below.
- Yes? Select the family member that will be using this device.
- You’ll be presented with a list of users for your family plan, as shown in the image below.
- If this device will be used by Jimmy, select Jimmy from the list.
- Not seeing your family members in the list? You can create the users here: https://my.accountable2you.com/ManageUsers. Once you’ve created the users, be sure to have them accept the email invitation. and then return back to step 1, shown above.
5. Assign Accountability Partners
Last, but not least, you’ll want to add or assign Accountability Partners for this device.
- Click “Setup Accountability Partners” to be taken to the Accountable2You website
- Here you can add or edit the Accountability Partner settings for this specific device. For help with setting up a partner, view our support article on Setting Up Accountability Partners.
6. You’re all set!
Accountable2You is now monitoring all programs and browsers on this device, so feel free to resume using the device normally now.
If more than one user logs into this device, be sure to repeat this process for any additional Windows user accounts, as Accountable2You only monitors the user account that was active while it was installed.
If you’d like to test to ensure that Accountable2You is capturing activity, go for it! Click here for the steps to test to ensure the alerts and monitoring are working properly.
Also, you can check to see if Accountable2You is running by looking for the “AU” icon in the system tray of your computer, by the clock: