Step 1: Install the Accountable2You app
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Accountable2You.
- Tap INSTALL to download Accountable2You.
Note: Android may inform you of any special permissions that may be needed for our app. Tap ACCEPT to continue.
Step 2: Open the Accountable2You app
Once successfully installed, tap OPEN to continue.
Step 3: Log in or sign up
Accountable2You requires an account with an active subscription before you can use any of our products.
- If you do not have an account, tap Signup - 10 day FREE trial to create an account and start your free trial.
- If you already have an account tap Login.
Step 4: Accept the Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to review the terms and conditions before proceeding. When you are finished, check the box next to "I accept the terms", then tap Continue.
Step 5: Register the device
Enter your username and password (please note that your username is different than your e-mail). The "Device Name" can be whatever you want it to be. This is to help you identify the device in your reports. When finished, tap Save.
Step 6: Activate Admin App privileges
Accountable2You needs to be a "device administrator" in order to effectively monitor the device.
- Tap ACTIVATE ADMIN APP to continue.
- This will take you to the device admin app settings menu of your device.
Tap "Activate this device admin app" to give Accountable2You Admin App permissions.
Step 7: Enable Accessibility
Accountable2You uses the Android Accessibility service in order to monitor the device.
- Tap ENABLE ACCESSIBILITY to turn this service on.
- This will take you to the Accessibility Settings menu of your device.
Find and select Accountable2You (or "A2U Android") in the list of apps or services.
Note: Accountable2You may be located under one more menu here called "Installed Services", "Downloaded Services", or "Downloaded apps" depending on your phone.
- Where it says "Off" or "Use Accountable2You", tap the slider to enable Accessibility permissions.
- Depending on your version of Android, you'll see a confirmation screen explaining these Accessibility permissions and asking you to confirm.
Tap Allow or OK to continue.
Note: If you see the following "response can't be verified" message, just tap Allow or OK again, and you should be able to continue.
Accountable2You is now monitoring!
You will see a confirmation screen that Accountable2You has been set up successfully.
Tap I GOT IT to continue.
When you arrive back at the Accountable2You app home screen, you should now see the green "Accountable2You is monitoring activity" confirmation message. Great job!
Step 8: (OPTIONAL) Excluding apps
Manage your privacy by excluding sensitive apps from being monitored if needed. Check out our App Exclusion for Android Guide for instructions and more info.
Step 9: Add Accountability Partners
Now that you've successfully installed Accountable2You on your Android device, don't forget to log into your account's Partner page online and set up Accountability Partners to receive reports and alerts for this device's activity.
Want to test the system?
Click here for the steps to test and confirm the alerts and monitoring are working properly.